The best way to get to know someone? Ask what they're passionate about.
Check out my travel vlogs:
Adventure & Travel TV I live it. I make it.
Field + Post Supervising Producer
Based in Los Angeles, CA
Supervising Producer | Critical Content for Netflix
Most Amazing, Seasons 1-2, in production
Dec. 2019 - Sept. 2020
A 16 episode Netflix Original Series highlighting the world's most amazing vacation homes & cultural activities
• Cast, pitched & locked international shoot locations
• Directed crew & 3-Host cast in the field. Made schedules, field notes, hot sheets, & edit outlines
• Oversaw prep & production for shoots that moved every 4 days to new countries
• Worked hand-in-hand with EP to develop all segments; secures trade outs and all creative + logistics
Supervising Producer | Renegade 83 for Discovery
Naked & Afraid, Season 6
2019 - South Africa - The Bahamas
• Scouted shoot locations and determined major movements for a Survival Docu-Follow series.
• Directed crew & cast in the field. Developed story as the sole Producer/Director/Writer.
• Strung out 6-Act episodes (Avid) in Post.
Field Producer | Renegade 83 for Discovery
Naked & Afraid XL: Valley of the Banished, Season 5 - 10 episodes
2019 - South Africa
Associate Producer, Field & Post | Renegade 83 for Discovery
Naked & Afraid XL, Season 4 - 10 episodes
2018 - The Philippines
• Lived & worked in the field for 2 months on an Adventure/Survival show.
• Adapted with large production/crew moves in an ever-changing ocean & jungle environment.
• Documented and produced cast. Shot daily on Producer Cam. Ran OTF interviews.
• Actively participated in daily Story meetings and plans. Wrote field notes.
• Strung out scenes & pods (Avid)
Producer/Editor, Story | Studio City Productions
2012 - present (freelance)
Projects: The Ellen DeGeneres Show, The Olympic Games, Content Development & Pilots, Glee, The Talk, Hot Bench, Dr. Oz, Let’s Ask America, Live with Kelly & Michael, Wendy Williams, Queen Latifah, Burn Notice, White Collar, Movies for TV, etc.
• Crafted story, humor & drama by digging for bites & cutaways.
• Made smart edit choices under tight deadlines, often from concept to delivery in 4 hours.
• Produced & Edited pilots, pod busters, show opens, sizzles and original content.
• Worked from start through network notes.
Field Producer/Shooter, Journalist | WOIO CBS 19, WUAB My43
2007 - 2011
• REALITY / INFO-TAINMENT (arts & music specials, sports, live events, comedy)
• CRIME SPECIALS (segments, PSAs)
• ANIMALS (monthly BTS zoo feature)
• HOME BUILD / RENOVATION (weekend commercial client show)
• TESTIMONIALS, MAN ON THE STREET REACTIONS
• REENACTMENT B-ROLL
• CASTING AUDITIONS
• SWEEPS PROMOS, DAILY TOPICALS
• COMMERCIALS & DIGITAL CONTENT
Field & Post Production: Promos | Commercials | Events
• Pitched, wrote, produced & edited Emmy Award Winning news segment opens & promos.
• Produced local commercial shoots in the field through post (scripted & testimonial).
• Conducted interviews, guiding a variety of personas through questions & conversation for the perfect sound bite: comedians, citizens, artists, musicians, athletes, victims, actors, etc.
• Prepped and cued talent during live news, satellite interviews, and field shoots.
• Organized helicopter shoot logistics. Coordinated between pilot, camera & control room.
• Shot/Produced a 30-min. show on house-flipping.
• Created a live rock concert for the city's annual parade. 500,000 attended.
• Field produced interviews & shoots during BTS segments at The US Air Guitar Championships, The House of Blues, & Roller Derby bouts.
Casting Call Production: The Amazing Race, Big Brother, Survivor, Kid Nation, etc.
• Scouted and secured shoot locations.
• Locked down sets, wrangled talent.
• Prepped & encouraged interviewees, logged auditions.
• Managed production team (contractors and Union).
• Worked with police to meet city security standards.
• Designed & oversaw applicant challenge obstacle course.
• Designed event promotion around Sponsor requirements.
Camera Op, Documentary | Nowita Films: Magnificent Burden
• Managed five cameras during a fast paced "run & gun" on-location ski shoot in Utah.
• Skied & shot simultaneously between two teams of skiers.
• Scouted mountain terrain and established pre-production plan.
• Assisted in lighting and shot BTS/B-Roll footage for follow up interviews. Obtained releases.
Tour Manager, Travel Coordinator, Host | Trafalgar Travel
• Sole leader & guide for groups of 52 people on 8-14 day road trips. 24/7 prep & on location.
• Coordinated all logistics & timings (hotel & restaurant confirmations, dietary restrictions, medical disabilities, emergencies, etc.)
• Researched and provided accurate and exciting narratives for all destinations .
• Entertained a wide variety of personalities & ages.
• Managed all finances and payments, keeping within budget.
• Maintained professionalism & calm leadership during changes & emergencies.
• Adapted to unforeseen issues (traffic, client needs, weather, etc) encountered while traveling.
• Recognized as "Tour Director of the Month" globally within the first 6 months for exceptional work & photography
Special Effects Pyrotechnical Op | POV FX
2016 - 2017
Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. , Imbroglio, Lt. Dan Band Performance
• Licensed by The State of California Fire Marshal, 3rd Class
• Assisted Special Effects Supervisor in various practical effects on set for film, TV, and concerts (including fireworks, squibs, fire bars, hydraulic vehicle flips, fight gags, etc)
Producer/Editor | New Wave Entertainment
2015 - 2016
The FABLife Show
• Directly collaborated with corporate clients, high-profile celebrities & production team on a studio lot.
• Created in-show material, campaigns, clips, sizzles, promos, sales & digital content.
• Read lines on stage with talent, logs live in the booth, writes & edits.
Production Coordinator | Hatchback Productions
• Coordinated production needs on set in the field for a narrative pilot series.
• Approved call sheets, wrangled talent, managed Location, Craft Services and PAs.
Writer, Actress, PA | HBOLab
2007 - 2009
Appeared as a regular character on “Man in the Box,” an original web show featured weekly on Runawaybox.com. The series was purchased by Break Media and is currently airing on Break.com.
• Assisted in set-up and strike, lighting adjustments, microphone placement and monitoring. • Contributed to character development through story line suggestions. • Wrote scripted dialogue.
Art Director | Exposed Communications
2007 - 2011
Designed corporate image, print & web advertisements, social media campaigns, event promotions, & logos for companies nationwide • Delivered effective visual communication for varying target audiences. Clients included Clear Channel, Soffer Organization, Hollywood Weekly, Hospitality Asset Management Company, Steel City Media, etc.
Advertising & PR Assistant | LarsenOBrien Advertising & PR
Wrote ad copy & PR. • Photographed & designed a variety of media including presentations, logos, websites & print ads. • Actively participated in team brainstorming. • Managed job-list status & employee time.
Photography Editor | Panther Prints
2005 - 2006
Responsible for photographing all images & captions of a 125-page university publication including sporting, academic & leisure events • Professionally directed large, diverse groups of people.
Art/Editorial Intern | Whirl Magazine
Organized magazine pagination. • edited layouts. • photographed fine cuisine for a multi-page feature. • edited transparencies. • input on cover-critiques. • Pitched & wrote a two-page cover story.
Freelance Writer/Digital PA | Pittsburgh Metropolitan Magazine
Extensively manipulated images & created clipping paths for final magazine layouts • Successfully met tight deadlines • Pitched & wrote a 400-word article.
Digital Image Editor | Photographs by Julie
2003 - 2004
Edited proof & final images, which included airbrushing, head swaps, composites & color adjustments.
| PA ➸ OH ➸ CA |
Career: My true calling is Field Producing on Travel/Adventure shows. Stick me in a jungle or a boat for 14+ hours a day, and I'll love every second. But where did it all start?
I began in Magazines, because I love to write & tell stories through photography. Then I moved into TV News & Journalism, which fed my need for unpredictability & creativity... and helicopter shoots. I picked up some Emmys, then headed west, where I was an Editor for some of our nation’s favorites, including Ellen and The Olympics. Fun fact: I was once a licensed Special Effects Pyrotechnician.
I value strong coffee and adventure.
Hobbies: Aerial Circus Arts, Wilderness Backpacking, Off-Roading, Mural Art, Photography
Avid, Premiere, Final Cut, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, QuarkXPress, Edius, WideOrbit, Wordpress, Dreamweaver, Contribute, Mac OSX, Windows XP, Timecode+, Field Notes
Producer Cams, GoPros, Canon t2i, Canon 5D, DP-Slider, HD/XD Decks, ISDN-Patchbay, Lowell Lighting, Motion Slider 36, Nikon D7000, Nikon D70, Sony Nx5, Olympus TG820, Panasonic DVX 100A, Panasonic HVX200 HD, Sennheiser ew100 & 500, Teleprompter, Control Room, Wireless IFB, Vansion LED Lighting
Team Leadership, Time Management, Multi-tasking, Tight Deadlines, Live Television, Post Production, Event Production, Field Producing, Actor Direction, Marketing, Writing, Pitch Meetings, Editorial Meetings, Control Room, Videography, Photography, Writing
Nomination: 2015, Outstanding Promotional Annoucement: The Ellen DeGeneres Show - 1800th Show
Lower Great Lakes
Awards: 2011, Short-Form Editor • 2010, Single Spot News Promo: “Motel Sleaze” • 2008, Arts/Entertainment Special: “Burning River Roller Girls”
Nominations: 2008, Short-Form Editor • 2009, Short-Form Editor • 2009, Non-News On-Air Talent
• 3x Emmy Winner • 4x Emmy Nominated •
The University of Pittsburgh
2002 - 2006 | QPA: 3.68
Bachelor of Arts: English Writing
Certificate in Public & Professional Writing
Related area: Photography
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh
2004 - 2006 | QPA: 4.0
Diploma: Digital Design
International Guide Academy
2016 | Top of Class
Certificate: International Tour Management